Q: My air conditioner is not working , but my heater is , what can be the problem

My air conditioner is not working , but my heater is , what can be the problem

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The A/C system and the heating system have relatively little to do with each other. They share a blower motor, and climate control switches. With the heater working we can assume that these components are not to blame. Does the A/C blow air even if its warm? If this is the case, the first step to take is to make sure that the refrigerant is pressurized. You can do this by hooking up a two part manifold commonly used by technicians, or by using a cheaper version found at most automotive parts stores. If the pressure if full, then there may be more serious issues with the system, and further diagnosis will be required.

3. My air conditioner is not working , but my heater is , what can be the problem