Q: Front end buzzes while decelerating around 2000 rpms

asked by on March 13, 2017

When decelerating there is a brief hum/ buzz sound in front end when I'm around 2000 rpms. Brief but noticeable. When the clutch is pressed in while decelerating it does not make this sound . What is it ?

Hi There, What you are describing is likely related to something that may be loose on the vehicle which is producing a sympathetic vibration causing a buzz at that particular 2000 RPM mark. This happens when there is enough vibration at a constant rate (in your case 2000 rpm) to produce the sound. This is common when things like exhaust heat shields become loose and vibrate underneath the car. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you location to take a look at your car to locate the problem.