Q: oil low 2000 miles

First I had a problem with the coil pack in my Terrain. And now I am having a problem with my oil. When I checked my oil at 2000 miles it was low. Do I have to change my oil at 2000 miles instead of 3000 miles or is something wrong with my GMC?

Hello. When vehicles have higher mileage, it will burn oil faster and will lose a half-quart to a full-quart every 1,500-2,000 miles after the oil has been changed. This is normal for vehicles with higher mileage and does not require you to change your oil every 2,000 miles. You can just top off the oil in between oil changes. Contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to help you with your next oil change