Q: After acceleration and taking my foot off the pedal,I experience a tug/drag that drastically decreases car speed

asked by on May 20, 2017

After acceleration (lets say going until 60) and taking my foot off the pedal, I experience a tug/drag that substantially decreases car speed. Does not feel natural, as if added weight underneath my seat was placed. Brand new car, no warning lights. Went to mechanics and was told that its just the car gears shifting downwards. Is this normal?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Actually, the mechanics would be correct in this case. Transmissions have evolved significantly over the years, and one of the newer features is reducing gears to slow a vehicle naturally as opposed to having to constantly hit the brakes. Since there are no error lights being triggered, I would suggest to drive as normal. If you notice any error lights, or the deceleration progressively gets worse, feel free to have one of our mechanics come to your location and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr