Q: Q: Car jerking while driving

My car was jerking while driving, then it would not go over 35 MPH. It might be something in the transmission. I tried changing the filters, though that turned out to not be the problem.

If the transmission is not shifting gears even after a fluid service, the problem may be internal transmission failure. I do not suggest driving a vehicle with these symptoms as you risk damage to the engine. You will need to have a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete a comprehensive inspection of your vehicle. This should include checking the transmission for internal damage as well as scanning the computer to see if there are trouble codes stored.

3. Q: Car jerking while driving