Q: Car jerking while driving

asked by on February 11, 2016

My car was jerking while driving, then it would not go over 35 MPH. It might be something in the transmission. I tried changing the filters, though that turned out to not be the problem.

If the transmission is not shifting gears even after a fluid service, the problem may be internal transmission failure. I do not suggest driving a vehicle with these symptoms as you risk damage to the engine. You will need to have a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete a comprehensive inspection of your vehicle. This should include checking the transmission for internal damage as well as scanning the computer to see if there are trouble codes stored.