Q: What does the AVG MPG feature in the message center mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the AVG MPG feature in the message center mean?

Ever wonder just how good your car’s fuel economy is? Have you tried to measure it using math on your own? If so, you’ve likely found that your results don’t match up with how much gas your car burns on a regular basis. Not to worry – your car’s message center can give you information about your average miles per gallon. Just press the Info button and cycle through the options until you see AVG MPG.

The number displayed is the average fuel consumed per mile driven. Note that this is not 100% accurate, and it is an average, not an instant reading of current fuel economy. To reset the average:

1. Turn on the speed control system.
  2. Reach the speed you want to travel.
  3. Press the Reset button to zero out the AVG MPG reading.
  4. Drive for at least five miles with the speed control on.

The new reading will be the average fuel economy for your car.