Q: Brakes go all the way to the floor - 1998 Buick Skylark

i just changed my brakes even replaced the front right brake caliper now my brake panel goes all the way to the floor to stop and the ABS and ETS OFF lite is on i put the right brake fluid in DOT3 and i bleed the brake line. Can you help me with this issue.

A: To eliminate the possibility of air anywher...

To eliminate the possibility of air anywhere in the hydraulic braking system, you can bleed all wheel cylinders (calipers) even if you have worked on only one. Start with the longest brake line and finish with the shortest line. That’s a good idea anyway as brake fluid is highly hygroscopic and thus the total system greatly benefits from a periodic purge every 3-4 years. If the fluid level fell too low in the master cylinder while you worked on the caliper, you could have air in the master cylinder which would have to be bled off.

Considering that you have ABS, it is also possible that you would need a tech 2 (bi-directional) scanner to remotely actuate the ABS system where air could be trapped. Note that brake fluid is bad for the skin, your eyes, and of course vehicle paint. If you elect to try and bleed the system further to see if you can resolve the problem, please be sure to use the appropriate safety gear because brake fluid can unexpectedly splatter when you least expect it during bleeding operations. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your brake issue for you.