Q: Upon starting my car it makes a loud hollow noise. There is also a rattling sound is coming from exhaust pipe.

Upon starting car it makes loud hollow noise and seems to subside when car warms up. It has gotten progressively worse over past couple of months. Almost a rattling sound coming from exhaust pipe

Hi there. The engine may have a misfire causing the exhaust pipe to have a rattling noise as the engine is shaking. Check the fuel injectors and the spark plugs and see if they are working and if they need replaced. Make sure that the exhaust hangers are not missing to make the pipe vibrate on the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your engine making a noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Upon starting my car it makes a loud hollow noise. There is also a rattling sound is coming from exhaust pipe.