Q: What tool is needed to open the bleeder valve on a 2006 Jeep Wrangler's clutch slave cylinder?

I'm trying to reinstall the clutch slave cylinder back into the bell housing after replacing the clutch. I cant get the shaft to depress so I can bolt it back on. one of your mechanic's said I may need to open the bleeder valve in order to depress the shaft. my question is what tool is needed for that? there is no screw or nut of any type on the part of the slave cylinder that I'm assuming is the bleeder valve portion.

A: You should have a small Allen type of screw...

You should have a small Allen type of screw bleeder on the top side of the slave cylinder that needs to be turned loose counter clockwise until the fluid pressure is released and the shaft can be pushed back and then close the bleeder. The Allen screw should be a 6 or 8mm. These master cylinder and slave cylinders are bled as a unit before installation from the factory and can be purchased the the same way.

Once you get the slave cylinder back on you should bleed the clutch of air and replace the old fluid. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to service your clutch fluid as necessary.