Q: How do I replace the brake light, taillight, rear turn signal and rear side marker bulbs?

How do I replace the brake light, taillight, rear turn signal and rear side marker bulbs?

While replacing your headlights and front directional bulbs requires a lot of different steps, that’s not true when it comes to the bulbs in the rear. They’re all held in the same assembly, and they’re all easily accessible from inside the trunk. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Open the trunk.

2. Locate the clips holding the trunk liner in place on the side where you need to replace the blown bulb. Remove them (there should be three per side).

3. Pull the trunk liner down to reveal the light assembly.

4. Locate the blown bulb.

5. Turn the socket counterclockwise and pull it out.

6. Remove the blown bulb and replace it with the new one.

7. Make sure the bulb works.

8. Replace it in the assembly and lock it in place.

9. Replace the trunk liner.

10. Replace the clips.

Tips

• Honda recommends the following bulbs for replacement:

• Brake and Taillight: 21/5 W

• Backup Lights: 21 W

• Turn Signal: 21 W (amber, not clear)

• Rear Side Marker: 3 CP

3. How do I replace the brake light, taillight, rear turn signal and rear side marker bulbs?