Q: Acts like its going to stall during idle, sometimes hesitates to go

asked by on May 31, 2016

While idling (stop light, stop sign) my car will act like it's going to stall. Once in a great while it actually will. Also sometimes while taking off from a stop light it'll either stall or just take off slow. Any suggestions on what it could be?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you have a vacuum leak or intake air leak in the hose from the mass air sensor and the throttle body. If the tube has a crack in it somewhere, it will run rough and when you take off, your engine will hesitate or stall. It may even have reduced power.

If you cannot find a leak, then you may have ignition or fuel injector problems. In this case, your car’s stalling issues should be diagnosed in person by a mechanic.