Q: VVT solenoid malfunction

The engine light came on and the error code states that it's because of the VVT solenoid. How expensive it is to replace it?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Before a quote c...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Before a quote can be given, the code will need to be diagnosed thoroughly to isolate the cause of the code. On some of these engines the variable valve timing is caused by camshaft mechanisms, solenoids to one or both sides of the motor, or the wrong oil weight is being used. I recommend first having the code diagnosed. If you would like help with this, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the code and check engine light for you.