Q: Q: Catalytic converter

I was told that I needed a flex pipe, as I have a leak, and its very loud! So I was figuring that I could get it welded, seeing that it's an old car, and I don't want to put a lot of money into it. I just had a transmission put in it last month. I took it to a muffler shop today. He says he can't weld it. That I would have to buy the complete catalytic converter with the flex pipe attached. Does this sound right? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

I would first check with another exhaust shop to get a second opinion. Sometimes the metal used or the flex pipe location will not allow a new pipe to be welded in.

3. Q: Catalytic converter