Q: Battery group size

asked by on October 10, 2016

My question is if the car requires group 65 size wt minimum 650 cca, but group 34 battery is in it but more than minimum, can it prevent start cause of the group size?

Service Battery/cables $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. The main thing to keep in mind when it comes to battery group sizes is its physical size. The cold cranking amps (CCA) is what is important when it comes to the battery’s ability to start the vehicle. The group size is simply the physical dimensions of the battery.

If you would like help with your battery, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to service it for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr