Q: Tranny fluid leaked out while driving.

I immediately pulled over when my car in drive acted as if it was in neutral. my dad came and took me to auto zone and we got some tranny fluid. put it in and put gear into reverse first. it worked for a few seconds then went back to "neutral" turned out the leak was the coolant hose that came off (don't know why). we can fix the hose, but my worry is, will the tranny work still? or is it done

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. A transmission is a hydraulic system, which requires constant flow of fluid to operate the internal components inside. If you have transmission fluid that is leaking, you might want to first find out where the leak is coming from and repair. Once this has been done, you’ll be able to control the fluid level and determine if there are internal components inside the transmission that are faulty. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a transmission is hard to shift inspection to determine if there is damage that is repairable or not.