Q: Trying to get it started after sitting for five years

Ty Thompson answered my firing order question but mentioned ignition timing adjustment. This1983 is one year only. Has a computer processor under drivers seat. The distributor has a Stamp on it that says non adjustable. Set and forget it. New processor and timing chain. Starter isn't cranking like it should(slow). Could the drag be reason not starting? Coil is good.907-764-9220 Gerald

My previous comment about timing was in reference to starting the firing order with the correct terminal on the distributor cap. If you have the number one plug wire on the incorrect terminal to start the firing order, this is like having the timing off.

To answer the other part of the question, yes, if the starter is unable to crank the engine fast enough, it will not fire. If it sounds like it doesn’t want to fire when you get the engine to turn over at an acceptable rate, I would take a further look into the fuel supply. The fuel pressure should be 6-8 psi on a carbureted engine, and there would still need to be sufficient volume.