Q: Interior door handle not working.

The driver's side interior door handle has stopped working. It opens fine from the outside. I can see some type of broken clip under the chrome cup handle. Ford said I had to replace the entire handle/ cable mechanism harness.

There is a good chance that the door handle assembly needs to be replaced. The fact that the handle works well from the outside indicates the linkage is working properly. Without seeing the handle, however, I couldn’t be 100% certain. If you’d like a second opinion, I suggest you give the professionals at YourMechanic a call. They will inspect your door firsthand.

3. Interior door handle not working.