Q: Where are the fuses located?

asked by on December 14, 2015

Where are the fuses located?

All of your car’s electronic systems use fuses to protect against over voltage situations. If there wasn’t a fuse in place, a power surge could destroy an accessory. With a fuse in place, those aren’t a problem. When a power surge occurs, the fuse blows. The accessory won’t work without the fuse, but it won’t be damaged by over voltage.

You’ll find fuses located in two areas in your car. The first is the underhood fuse box. Push the tab on the lid and lift it off. Check the fuses to make sure none are blown. The second fuse box is located on the driver side of the car, underneath the dash. Remove the lid and check the fuses.

Tips

• If you have an electronic accessory that won’t work, a blown fuse is generally the first thing to check.

• Never replace a fuse with a higher-rated fuse. Always replace a blown fuse with one of the same rating.