Q: What does the Immobilizer System indicator mean on the dash?

What does the Immobilizer System indicator mean on the dash?

If you see a green key-shaped light on your dash, that’s the Immobilizer System indicator. It should come on at several points during vehicle operation and it doesn’t necessarily mean that there is anything wrong at all. Here’s what you need to know:

1. The light should come on when you crank the engine and then turn off again (within a couple of seconds).

2. The light will come on if there is a problem receiving information from the key or if the system doesn’t recognize the key being used.

Tips

• If the light is blinking, turn the ignition to off, remove the key, and then insert it again.

• If the light continuously blinks, you should have your system inspected.

3. What does the Immobilizer System indicator mean on the dash?