Q: After shifting into drive, car lunged forward

asked by on August 19, 2016

After I had shifted into Drive and was driving out of my driveway, my car lunged forward. I took it to the dealer who told me that the transmission codes needed resetting. Another detail to let you know is that when I shift from Reverse to Drive, there is a long delay until it engages. Before I allow anyone to work on my car, please tell me what is causing this and how it can be fixed?

Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It could just be that the transmission control electronics are faulty or that the Transmission Control Module (TCM) just needs an update. There is a Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) regarding shift quality concerns for your vehicle. It’s number LI27.00-P-051451 and it says to have the TCM reflashed. Of course, the problem could also be an internal transmission issue. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, inspect your vehicle’s driving symptoms firsthand.