Q: After shifting into drive, car lunged forward

After I had shifted into Drive and was driving out of my driveway, my car lunged forward. I took it to the dealer who told me that the transmission codes needed resetting. Another detail to let you know is that when I shift from Reverse to Drive, there is a long delay until it engages. Before I allow anyone to work on my car, please tell me what is causing this and how it can be fixed?

It could just be that the transmission control electronics are faulty or that the Transmission Control Module (TCM) just needs an update. There is a Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) regarding shift quality concerns for your vehicle. It’s number LI27.00-P-051451 and it says to have the TCM reflashed. Of course, the problem could also be an internal transmission issue. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, inspect your vehicle’s driving symptoms firsthand.