Q: AC compressor problem

The AC compressor is going out. Will the car run without the compressor?

A: If the compressor is failing it is hard to ...

If the compressor is failing it is hard to say if you can still drive the car. If the compressor is failing internally and only acts up when the AC is turned on, then you can still drive the car as long as it is left off. If the pulley itself is failing then you would not be able to drive the car if it completely fails. On some cars the pulley can be bypassed so that the belt can run without running the AC compressor. If you were planning on having the car looked at to see what needs to be done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose your AC and replace the AC compressor if needed.