Q: My car won't go in 2nd gear

asked by on July 04, 2017

My car won't go in 2nd gear

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If you can select all other gears but 2nd, then the issue is likely to be internal to the transmission (as opposed to the clutch). To be sure, the external shift mechanism should be inspected but if that checks out, the transmission will likely have to be removed for inspection and repair. The recommended service for this issue is a manual transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will verify the issue and give you repair options to consider. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr