Q: My car's windshield wiper only works sometimes

MY wiper works some of the times most times it don't work.

A: Hello. Most of the time on this vehicle the...

Hello. Most of the time on this vehicle the reason why the wipers stop working is because of the park sensor for the wipers. This detects the position of the wipers and that is used for operation. If the sensor is not reading right then they will stop working. It may also be a bad motor or switch.

I would typically take my voltage meter and test for voltage at the fuse and then follow it from the switch to the motor to see where the voltage is lost. This would tell me if it is the switch or the motor.

If you are thinking of having your wipers repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the wipers do not work and fix them as necessary.