Q: Need advice on whether i should buy this used car.

I am looking for an inexpensive used car that I won't have to put a lot of money into keeping it running. I found this '99 dodge intrepid with 182k miles for $1900 although according to kbb he is asking too much and I will talk him down. What issues should i be aware of and would you recommend this sale or should I keep looking?

A: The vehicle you are looking at may be a gre...

The vehicle you are looking at may be a great car or a lemon. To give you an honest answer as to whether this car is going to be a problem or not cannot be answered with the information you gave me. I would recommend having a pre-purchase vehicle inspection by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.com.

The inspection will look at all the major components of the vehicle and can give you an informed decision for your purchase instead of a blind purchase without any knowledge of the condition of the car. The check can only give you an idea of the shape of the vehicle; it’s not a crystal ball as to whether it will break tomorrow or not, but it could identify a major problem before you lay down any money.