Front axle trouble

Q: Front axle trouble

asked by on June 25, 2017

So I was driving last night and I ran into a very large bump approximately 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall with the right side of my lifted grand Cherokee. Now, my right wheel is positioned back more towards the fender, rubbing when I turn specific ways, and the wheel on the left side is positioned front more now and when turning specific ways hits the front part of the fender. I'm just wondering what the issue is. Is this an alignment issue that can be easily fixed? Or is it something worse? Thank you.

Hi there. If the wheel itself is physically turned in or out, it’s probably an indication that something has broken or is bent; but would require replacement in most cases. There are multiple suspension components that comprise the front end suspension on your vehicle that might have been damaged, ranging from a tie rod, ball joint or other part. I would recommend not driving the vehicle until a professional mechanic has correctly diagnosed what is damaged and complete the repairs you need.