Q: Car losing power as driving

The car was driving ok then started losing power and then stopped got breakdown out and he said he thinks it's the thermostat is this the case or is it more serious thanks

If you were driving and the engine started to overheat due to a stuck thermostat, then it would overheat in the first few minutes of running the engine. If you were driving and everything was okay and driving more than ten minutes, then you most likely have a problem with fans or the engine head gasket. Have the system checked by a mechanic to diagnose any loss of coolant, loss of power, and water pump operation.