Q: I have a 2010 Sebring and about 3 weeks ago it started to make a noise when I accelerate the noise is not a knocking or a ticking

I have a 2010 Sebring and about 3 weeks ago it started to make a noise when I accelerate the noise is not a knocking or a ticking its more of a wheezing noise. The noise is there whether or not the air conditioning is on or the heat is on. It almost sound like when the power steering pump goes out but I checked and its not the pump not sure if its coming from the engine

Try accelerating the engine in park. If the noise occurs then, when the car is not moving, generally the noise you are describing originates in the engine, the transmission (torque converter runs even at idle), and/or the accessory drives although the exhaust system is a possibility, too. If the sound occurs when the car is stationary, if the sound is not really obvious (pinpointed) on the mechanic’s initial inspection, a quick diagnostic can be performed by simply taking all of the belt driven accessories out of the picture by disconnecting the drive belts and then very briefly running the engine. If the sound disappears, the faulty component is then isolated amongst the accessories and pulleys. If the sounds does not disappear, that means the noise originates within the engine and/or transmission. If the sound occurs only once the car is moving, remote wireless microphones can be used to identify the general "area" (or component) that the noise originates from. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a vehicle noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2010 Sebring and about 3 weeks ago it started to make a noise when I accelerate the noise is not a knocking or a ticking