Q: I accidentally put 5W-30 in my 2016 Camry instead of 5W20. Is it OK to drive it until I change back to 5W20?

asked by on October 22, 2017

I accidentally put 5W-30 in my 2016 Camry instead of 5W20. Is it OK to drive it until I change back to 5W20? What weight synthetic be would be correct? 0W-20?

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $165.78 Get a Quote

Synthetic oil with a viscosity rating of 0W-20 is specified for your vehicle. 5W-20 is acceptable as well. 5W-30 will not harm your engine. Use of 5W-30 might add some additional cost in terms of reduced fuel economy due to use of the higher viscosity oil. If you want to switch back to 0W-20 now, you can schedule a mobile oil/filter change using YourMechanic’s engine oil/filter service request page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr