Q: Car rattle noise in the middle of console - 2006 Chrysler 300

When driving more than 50 mph for more than 15 minutes, i hear a rattling, mechanical noise seemingly in the middle of the console somewhere between the radio and/or under gear shaft. Car does not run any differently & does not seem in distress other than the noise which can be clearly heard. All levels for coolant & gauges read normal. It does not seem to do this as long as it is kept under 40 even when in traffic. I have only driven the car 3 times since this problem. I hope to keep the car for one additional year & want to keep repairs to bare necessities.

Hey there. I recommend having an expert drive the vehicle to verify the noise so the noise can be isolated to an engine or transaxle problem. With the symptoms you describe, a rattle that only happens over 40 mph may be a lean running engine condition or an overdrive transmission problem. Have a mechanic diagnose the rattling noise as soon as possible so you can be sure it is not a problem that may cause a major failure if you continue to drive it.