Q: Intermittent stalling

asked by on December 04, 2016

Fusion starts at times but will turn of. Then it starts immediately and runs fine. No check engine light and no dtc's present. Our Ford techs are clueless.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can commonly caused by wiring or electrical issues. A loose, damaged, or broken wire at one of the engine management system’s vital components could suddenly cause the vehicle to stall if it disconnects or drops signal. A few things to look at would be the crank and camshaft position sensors, as well as the ignition coils. Wiring issues to any of these could cause the vehicle to stall if they momentarily cut off. The same could also be caused by computer issues. I would recommend having a different professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing the stalling.