Q: Hesitation during acceleration - 2013 Suzuki Swift

It is a japan domestic Suzuki swift, with eco light appearing periodically. I notice that in traffic congestion, sometimes there is a reluctancy to move off from braking. I am pressing the gas pedal for couple seconds before it decides to go.

The manual is in Japanese, which I can't interpret. I would like to know if this is a feature of the car or, something else.

A: Hello. The ECO mode is a feature which chan...

Hello. The ECO mode is a feature which changes shift point to improve fuel economy. It should not cause a delay in the vehicle taking off, though. I would first get the vehicle in the air and see if any of the wheels or drivetrain are binding.

If that is fine, then I would install a scan tool to see if there are any codes in the computer. If there are not, then I would monitor the sensor readings to make sure they are fine. It may be a bad mass air flow sensor or a throttle position sensor.

If you need to have this acceleration problem fixed, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to repair it.