Q: Power window, signal light and wiper malfunction after rain water got inside my car.

I forgot to close my driver side window and heavy rain got inside my car making the the driver chair, the steering wheel and the power window control knobs wet. Now my key lock, all the power windows, the wind shield wiper and the turn signal lights are not working. There may be more parts that are not working, but these are the ones I came to find out. Can any one guide me what to do here in order to fix the damaged parts. Thank you,

BENZ E-320 2000.

A: Hi there. Usually when electrical component...

Hi there. Usually when electrical components inside the vehicle become wet, it will only take one exposed wire to short out a relay or fuse panel. There are several electrical components that operate all of these systems that may have become damaged due to the rain issue you experienced. In order to determine exactly what is wrong, so you don’t chase an electrical gremlin, you should have one of our professional mechanics complete an electrical problem inspection. This will pinpoint the precise source of your electrical issues so that the right repairs can be made the first time around.