Q: Jerks when downshifting and slow. 2005 Mercedes Benz E55

My car has 66,500 miles on it. When I downshift and take my foot off of the gas pedal it jerks really hard. It happened when I was driving slow and at low speeds. If I am going faster it will jerk a few times. I don’t feel any jerks when accelerating. Is this normal or is something wrong with my car? If so how can I fix it?

You may have a broken motor or transmission mount that will allow the transmission or engine to move excessively. Also another possible cause is the transmission torque converter sticking when commanded to release. There are technical bulletins to flush the transmission and refill with fresh fluid. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the jerking problem in order to have it corrected.

3. Jerks when downshifting and slow. 2005 Mercedes Benz E55