Q: Car is hard to start - 2000 Honda CR-V

The car does not start quick in the morning, it starts after several kicks

Hi there. A car that is difficult to start in the morning can be caused by a battery that is losing cold cranking amps, a faulty starter solenoid, distributor or ignition coils that are worn out, or fuel system components such as mass air flow sensors, throttle body, or fuel injectors that are dirty.

The best way to diagnose the precise cause of your starting issues is to contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and have them complete an inspection to determine why the car is hard to start.