Q: I got sound when I shift to 3rd gear and it's get hard to put shift to second gear when car is in 3rd gear.

i have car kia optima i hear sound when i shift on third gear ..but when i try smoothly to put means slowly then no sound is hear and ts also hard to shift gear on 2nd when car is on third gear kia optima 2008

A: Hello. It sounds as though the synchronizer...

Hello. It sounds as though the synchronizers in the transmission, which are used to adjust transmission internal gear speed when upshifting or downshifting are possibly worn out or you are shifting a bit too fast. It is also possible that the clutch is not releasing fully when you press the clutch pedal. In some conditions, utilizing synthetic gear oil in the transmission can help the quality of gear shifting. If the clutch is not fully releasing an inspection of the clutch hydraulics is a good idea. I would recommend having an inspection of the hard shift completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost for repairs.