Q: car won't start

asked by on July 07, 2016

I parked my car in the garage last night, and the next morning when I went to start it up it wouldn’t. I checked my battery and it’s good. The fuses are OK and my dash lights work. But when I try to start my car nothing at all happens. I got a jump from someone, but it still wouldn’t start. Still nothing happens. Can you help me? Do you have any ideas? Thank you.

Hello. If the battery is testing good and has the correct CCA and voltage, I would look towards a faulty starter or wiring fault such as insufficient ground. I recommend that a technician check the starting system . If the starter is good inspect its related wiring for good ground points and ensure the proper power is being received. Feel free to contact a certified mechanic to perform these checks and diagnose your starting issue if you decide that you need some help with this. Good luck.