Q: Want go to new Rim with less ET by 5mm my current rim 6.5j×16 ET50 and the new Rim is 6.5j×16 ET45 tire size is 205/55/16 is OK

Want get new Rim with less ET by 5mm my current rim 6.5j×16 ET50 and the new Rim is 6.5j×16 ET45 and tire size is 205/55/16R (my current tire ) is that 5mm offset difference between my rim and the new rim make issue or it's OK?

A 5 mm change in offset (positive or negative, from the OEM spec.) is generally considered the maximum allowable so as not to create adverse effects on vehicle handling. You can install offset spacers to reduce positive offset back to OEM values. You should be OK with the 5 MM change but just be sure to check tire clearance to body with the suspension settled. Look for a minimum 1 inch clearance. Please keep YourMechanic’s certified professionals in mind for future repair and maintenance needs and if you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Want go to new Rim with less ET by 5mm my current rim 6.5j×16 ET50 and the new Rim is 6.5j×16 ET45 tire size is 205/55/16 is OK