Q: Difficult startup, engine loses power

My car has lately started to have starting problems. Took it to a dealer, but he said that everything is fine. But, it happened several times, that it has a difficult startup. Also, the engine seems to lose power a bit. The car doesn't show any error codes. I had my battery checked. It pumped strong. So you have any idea what is wrong with my car?

A: For a more complete answer I would need a b...

For a more complete answer I would need a bit more information.

Various components of the car can cause a difficult start up and not actually trigger a check engine light. The fuel pump, spark plugs, starter and Crank position sensor can all cause a hard start. In these cases, there either isn't a check engine light for these components, or they are failing and have not failed yet.

An inspection of your loss of power might not be a bad idea.