Q: Car still won't start even after replacing battery and checking fuses

I have a 2007 Suzuki forenza that will not start even after replacing the battery (which was bad anyways) after checking all fuses and it acts like it wants to start but it doesn't it all started when I was going 50mph with cruise set and it jerked like it slipped out of gear and then just died without any warning the check engine light did not even come on until after the car died. Could it be my fuel pump? I do not want to replace my fuel pump (as they are way expensive) if it is not the fuel pump. My car was running like normal the day before it died.

A: If I am reading your symptom description co...

If I am reading your symptom description correctly, the engine died at speed, the Check Engine light came on, and the engine now turns over but won’t actually start despite a new battery.

First item to check are the codes that are now set causing the Check Engine light to be illuminated. This will provide real guidance to the problem. Given your description of the highway failure, and the fact that your engine has a timing belt, I suspect the timing belt has broken. To have this addressed, I recommend having a certified professional diagnose the no-start so that this can be corrected.