Q: Car stopped working suddenly, cannot be moved

My car has a mileage of 110,000 miles. The issues started out of the blue after I had my car washed and parked for a few hours. When I attempted to drive it after that, the dashboard showed several lights on including ABS, Traction Control and Check VSC System. Besides these lights that stayed on, there were some that were blinking and then stopped, which were tire pressure and the exclamation mark with a triangle around it. I'm unable to turn the wheel or to shift gears. Do you have any idea what happened to my car?

Hello. It sounds like the battery has low voltage and this is causing the car’s system to shut down. It is possible that the water from the car wash could have gotten into the fuse box and shorted out some fuses. It would be a good idea to have the battery and charging system inspected, by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.