Q: I lost my engagement ring in the defrost vent, please help!

I lost my engagement ring in the defrost vent on the dash under the windshield of my car. I have already tried getting wire and feeling around for it, and I could not hear anything. I have looked with a flashlight, and cannot see anything either. I have disassembled the top vent cover , took a part off under the glove box, took out the glove box to check the A/C filter , none of which helped. I've also tried compressed air. Can someone please help give me advice? We cannot afford to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for someone to take off the dash or take apart the car.. I am in tears and this is a very embarrassing situation.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The good new is, your ring is still there, but unfortunately it is not easy to get to. Dash work can be some of the most challenging jobs to perform. If your ring fell into the vents on the driver side, it will be harder to get to, not that it is going to be easy. If it fell into the defroster vents on the passenger side, I would begin by removing the blower fan motor at the passengers feet. If your luck, the ring will fall through into that cavity. Use a small mirror to inspect all of the crevices.

For the vents on the driver side, I would begin by removing the upper dash cover. This may give you access to the defroster vent on both sides. If these two ideas don’t work, you will unfortunately have to disassemble the dash.

I am sorry for this challenge. Just remember, it’s not lost, you just can’t reach it yet. It’s a good story to tell in the future. If you check all of the parts I’ve mentioned and still can’t find it, have a certified mechanic help you out with the disassembly of your dash.

Good luck.

3. I lost my engagement ring in the defrost vent, please help!