My car shakes violently in between shifts volkswagen gti ...

Q: My car shakes violently in between shifts

asked by on September 10, 2017

My car shakes violently in between 4th and 5th gear and 5th and 6th only when car shifts up no problems with down shifting. The violent shaking resembles that of when my car was misfireing at the beginning of the week. I got the 2 of my coils and spark plugs changed as well as an engine tune yesterday. This first happened when i was on getting on the highway

This sounds like a fuel, ignition or engine management (sensor) issue that occurs during particular engine speed/engine load "windows". You can drive the car while an assistant views engine operating conditions on a real time scanner to determine if critical controls are dropping out of range as the vibration begins. Based on the information you provided though, I can’t fully rule out a vehicle speed related vibration. The vehicle will have to be test driven to pinpoint the cause and, as noted, actual engine operating conditions will have to be viewed on a scanner to pinpoint the fault. If you desire that diagnostic, please refer to YourMechanic’s vehicle engine vibration diagnostic page at which page you can get an instant quote and schedule the service to be performed right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.