Q: What should I know about the fuel gauge?

What should I know about the fuel gauge?

A: Your car’s fuel gauge is pretty self-explan...

Your car’s fuel gauge is pretty self-explanatory. It uses a needle to show you how much gas is left in the tank. Full is marked by an “F” on the right, and empty is marked by an “E” on the left. As your car uses gas, the needle will move from the right to the left. When it approaches empty, the Low Fuel light will turn on in the dash, warning you that it’s time to put gas in the car and helping to prevent you from being stranded by running out of gas on the road.

Tip

The arrow beside the icon of the gas pump shows you which side of the car your fuel filler door is on.