Q: 2006 GMC 2500 HD P0101 Mass ari flow sensor (MAF) performance

Get P0101 MAV (Mass Airflow) code in a 2006 GMC 2500HD 6.6 Duramax w/122000klm. Also have had loss of power a few times when pulling a 5th wheel trailer and tank falls below 1/4 full.

1 - Can Mass Air Flow sensor be 'cleaned' ? 2 - Is there a significant difference between an original GM replacement part or an aftermarket part other than price?
3 - Is the 2 - wire temperature sensor (1 hot, 1 cold) the 'best' MAF sensor for the 2006 GMC

The powertrain control module (PCM) sends the mass air flow (MAF) sensor a 12-volt reference signal. Incoming air flows over a wire inside the MAF, which allows it to measure intake air temperature, and therefore air density. The MAF then sends a proportional voltage return signal back to the PCM. The PCM uses this information to determine fuel control. Sometimes cleaning the sensor wire with dedicated MAF cleaner is all that’s needed, other times the sensor requires replacement. It’s a good idea to try cleaning it first. If replacing/cleaning the MAF doesn’t help, suspect a problem with the MAF circuit wiring or the PCM itself. An OEM, or OEM equivalent replacement MAF is the best option. If you’d prefer to leave the job to a professional, YourMechanic is here to help. We offer expert MAF diagnosis and replacement