Q: Hi temp low oil and low oil pressure warnings come on

Seems only when I am stopped that it has that probem. I press the gas it goes away usually. It has only happened today and once a few days ago. I changed my oil about three months ago and the level might be down and its a little dirty. Could it just need a change?

Hello. The warning lights that are coming on can be caused by a few different things. If all three have come on at the same time then it is very likely that the oil has run low. Aside from causing low oil pressure and the oil lights to come on if the level drops excessively low, low oil can also cause overheating, as oil acts as a lubricant for the engine’s components, and does have an affect on temperature. If the level drops too low this may result in metal to metal contact, which, depending on the severity, can quickly lead to overheating and even damage to the components. I would start by checking the oil to make sure it is at the proper level and not excessively dirty. If the level is good, then that may be a sign of possible issues elsewhere, perhaps with the cooling or oil systems. As there appears to be potential risk for damage, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your warning lights to come on.

3. Hi temp low oil and low oil pressure warnings come on