Parking brake is jammed and won't release on my 04 Hyunda...

Q: Parking brake is jammed and won't release on my 04 Hyundai Santa Fe

asked by on November 11, 2017

I pulled the parking brake to keep the car from moving, the following that I couldn't get the parking brake to release. It's jammed and the car won't move at all.

Hi Charlie. Thanks for contacting us today. There are two possibilities; that the e-brake is stuck on the rear brake itself, or the cable has broken. If you live in an area where you drive in dirt or off-road frequently, it could be excessive dirt has jammed the brake release. You might want to start by spraying off the wheels with high-pressure water to see if this unlocks the emergency brake. If you can’t resolve this issue, please feel free to set up a parking brake system inspection, and one of our mobile mechanics will come to your location and help you diagnose and resolve this problem.