Q: Car lost power after being serviced

My car was serviced last week and while driving home, the car lost all of its power and it wouldn’t go faster than 22mph. I’ve been to the dealership 3 times this past week because they keep saying that they fixed the problem. However, it keeps happening - it’s Not fixed! I’m thinking it might be the fuel injection - do you agree?

A: There is a recall for this problem of no po...

There is a recall for this problem of no power, and it may fix the the issue by increasing the oil flow during startup and changes to engine ignition timing to increase power. When the car was serviced, they may have changed something that caused the problem like a defective fuel filter or something else that may restrict fuel flow to the injectors. The computer system may also be in failure mode due to another failure in the system and would need to have the computer scanned for codes and repaired as needed. You did not mention any Check Engine Light on, but I suspect it is and a code would be present to help diagnose the problem. To have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your car’s loss of power and recommend the best path to repair.