Q: Tire rubs against inner fender well.

asked by on December 21, 2016

I hit a curb and blew my tire and screwed my wheel up. I have got a new rim and tire already. I put the tire on and noticed that I could not drive at all cause the tire is touching the inner fender well at a standstill. I have taken my tire off and noticed the lower control arm on my drivers side is completely bent and messed up. To me everything else looks fine. Would the control arm being pretty bent cause the tire to stand back towards the fender well and make it to where you can't turn the wheel ? I'm wondering if that would be all I need to replace.

The damage to the lower control arm bent that bad would cause tire to hit fender. You may have also damaged spindle, strut, tie rods. You will also need alignment after repairs are done to make sure it is in alignment.