Q: Where is the speed sensor located and how to replace it

asked by on October 13, 2016

transmission will not change

Speed Sensor Replacement $92.92 - $1189.26 Get a Quote

Hello, the speed sensor for the speedometer is located on the transmission at the rear extension housing. The housing is the part that the driveshaft slip yoke (front part of driveshaft) would be position at.

The sensor is attached with a bolt that needs to be removed, it has a two wire connector going to it. Once the bolt is removed, grasp sensor firmly and pull outward, an o-ring seal is on the sensor to prevent leakage and will offer some resistance when being removed.

To install new sensor, lubricate o-ring seal and push in, line up retainer and install bolt. No other set-up is required for this sensor.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and replace your speed sensor at your own convenience.