Q: High transmission revving, check engine light and TSC light on

Hello. While I'm driving my car, there is increased revving of the transmission and the dashboard shows TSC light and Check Engine light illuminated. If I stop the car and start it up again, this issues disappear but only for a short time. How can I fix this? I appreciate your help.

Hello. Since the Check Engine Light is on, I would usually scan the computer for codes first. This would give me a good indication of what is going on. Most of the time when the transmission acts like this and these lights come on, it is because of a transmission speed sensor or a failing transmission solenoid. It can also be another sensor, but that is not as common. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and take care of any other problems your car may be having.

3. High transmission revving, check engine light and TSC light on